PDA

View Full Version : Can the ATL sign Can Am players?

ACsurfan
08-05-2008, 09:31 AM
I notice that despite glaring player needs by some Atl League clubs, none of them really tap the nearby Can Am league for talent...unless it's on some kind of trade basis.

Just wondering if there is an implied understanding that the Atlantic League will not raid the Can Am league for talent...

I would think that most Can Am league players would prefer playing in the the Atlantic League from a salary and travel viewpoint.

I believe Lancaster has some kind of implied working agreement with the Gateway Grizzlies of the Frontier League. The 'stormers just signed Gateway's best pitcher...

summerfan
09-03-2008, 09:41 AM
Its not just salary and travel that playser look for.Its aslo citys the can-am league has a few very appealing city for players.

canam-nyc2010
09-11-2008, 12:57 PM
These players in the Can Am League are under contract their current team. Typically there are several player transfers or trades between the Atlantic League and Can-Am League. There is quite a bit of player movement among all of the INdependent Leagues. Check out the transaction sections of the partiucalr team or league wesbite for more info.

Can-Am NYC 2010 Here We Come

Berkshirian
03-27-2009, 12:50 PM
Summerfan, come on! There are some VERY nice cities in the CanAm!

I'd rather live in Ottawa, Quebec City, Boston's MetroWest (Worcester) or MetroSouth (Brockton), New Hampshire, The Jersey Shore (Atlantic City) or it's beautiful mountain region (Sussex) than in Camden! Or Newark! Or Salisbury, Maryland! Or York! Or (gag) Bridgeport!

Come on, the Atlantic League is a better league when it comes to stadia, money, caliber of play, etc., but the CanAm League is (for the most part) in far more scenic and interesting places than the boring old NY-Washington corridor!!!!!

:cool: