PDA

View Full Version : Quebec City is now in

formerlyknownasfells
05-21-2008, 10:04 AM
(Chicago, IL)... The Premier Basketball League officially announced today that the Quebec Kebs, of Canada, have been accepted into the league and will begin play in the upcoming 2008/2009 season.

The Quebec ownership group is headed by businessmen Vincent Bernier, Raymond Boisvert, Erwan Bonnette, Steve Joncas, Bruno Lévesque, Denis Parent, Jean-Marc Mercier, Pierre Savard and Jean-Sébastien Roy.

"Quebec solidifies the PBL's expansion into Canada," said PBL Chairman of the Board Dr. Severko Hrywnak. "We have strong ownership groups in Canada which only adds to the overall strength of the league. Basketball fans in Canada have much to be excited about."

For further information on the Quebec Kebs, contact Vincent Bernier at (418) 780-4850 or (418) 254-9087.

For league information contact the Premier Basketball League Maryland/Washington D.C. office at (301) 424-8612 or visit www.pblproball.com.

LightningMan
05-21-2008, 10:35 AM
Wow. Not unexpected but still huge, since it takes the PBL to 16 teams (if you include Jacksonville and Dallas) and creates one more incentive for Halifax to join.

DazedAndAmused
05-21-2008, 12:20 PM
Wow. Not unexpected but still huge, since it takes the PBL to 16 teams (if you include Jacksonville and Dallas) and creates one more incentive for Halifax to join.

Just IMO, but I don't see any signs of Jax or Dallas returning....unless the Tycoons make the move.

LightningMan
05-21-2008, 01:15 PM
Just IMO, but I don't see any signs of Jax or Dallas returning....unless the Tycoons make the move.
My bet is the Tycoons come over and Jacksonville folds. Using the OSC map, you could have four divisions of four:

Northeast:
Manchester
Montreal
Quebec
Vermont

North:
Buffalo
Rochester
Toronto
Reading

Central:
Detroit