PDA

View Full Version : Could Minot make it in the DLeauge?

DWizards
05-12-2008, 10:02 PM
There are rumors on the CBA and PBL boards about the eastern CBA teams joining the PBL. One problem is that Minot is pretty far away from any other team in the PBL or the CBA. Does anyone think that they would be able to make it in the DLeague? I think it would be great for the Wizards to have a close rival (old school fans remember the Wizards/Snowbears rivalry). Also it would help travel costs, teams would not have to fly all of the way to North Dakota to just play the Wizards, they could also add Snowbear games to the road trip. Any thoughts?

jjbballfan
05-12-2008, 10:53 PM
I actually thought of this with the changes to the CBA and with the Dleague seeming to want to expand I really don't know though..... I think it would fit in fine with the Dleague but Bismark can hardly handle a team could Minot?

USBasket_EricE
05-12-2008, 11:16 PM
Bismark can hardly handle a team could Minot?

The Wizards have been in Bismarck for 12 years, surviving three different leagues....that's "hardly" handling a team??? Sure, they lost money this year, but they are far from dead. They seem do better than more than half of the D-League teams, as far as attendance goes.

Pounder
05-13-2008, 01:17 PM
Minot needs to help form a league IMO.

I think you know my answer by now... but just for those who are smart enough not to get fixated on message boards...

...the D-League is morphing to control of a team by an NBA team, with possible exceptions. If you're the Minnesota Timberwolves, do you make a play for Sioux Falls, Bismarck... or Des Moines? It's not that easy an answer, but I'd bet North Dakota is SOL.

Cazzzmo
05-16-2008, 12:16 AM
Minot doesn't want to be in the D-League ------ that's a loser situation from the outset for a town that size. Yes, they'd have to have help from ''above''...... too bad BizWizzers...... the rivalry is lost, probably forever. I personally don't care. The brand of ball in Minot right now is the perfect fit. Those fat, overpaid gov't drones in Biz can keep their D-League. -------------------- by the way: http://www.kxmc.com/getArticle.asp?ArticleId=238229

USBasket_EricE
05-21-2008, 01:19 PM
by the way: http://www.kxmc.com/getArticle.asp?ArticleId=238229

......and?

DWizards
06-05-2008, 10:13 PM
Minot doesn't want to be in the D-League ------ that's a loser situation from the outset for a town that size. Yes, they'd have to have help from ''above''...... too bad BizWizzers...... the rivalry is lost, probably forever. I personally don't care. The brand of ball in Minot right now is the perfect fit. Those fat, overpaid gov't drones in Biz can keep their D-League. -------------------- by the way: http://www.kxmc.com/getArticle.asp?ArticleId=238229

The CBA is down to 6 teams and I'm guessing more will follow Augusta to the PBL. Have fun watch you "brand of ball" in a league with 6 teams.

DakotaWiz
06-06-2008, 02:24 AM
Haha, I don't know what to say about this thread.. Minot couldn't make it in the D-League, but I would almost rather be in the CBA. Or at least have the CBA's rules on talent. I know the D-League is set up much better, with better franchise security, but I can't get over the player pool.. Also, that link about Los, why? I would link to something regarding the pride of the Minot franchise, Ronnie Fields, but I can't really pick just one..