PDA

View Full Version : Jour de Révolution de Quebecois

Minor League Man
05-12-2008, 11:09 AM
I heard this would be the day that Quebec's two ABA teams (Royal & Kebs) announced they'd go to the PBL next year.

So, any news, updates, etc. I would recommend in this thread...This day will have a guillotine effect on Joe and his "Let them eat cake!" league.

misenern
05-12-2008, 11:28 AM
The Kebs are a great organization. They are very underrated.

However, what is up with the PBL taking on Montreal?

Minor League Man
05-12-2008, 11:31 AM
The Kebs are a great organization. They are very underrated.

However, what is up with the PBL taking on Montreal?
Well, Quebec needs an instant rival...In fact, the reason the Kebs joined the ABA is because of the team formerly known as the Matrix...

Also, I could be wrong about the Royal...Maybe it's just the official announcement of the Sasquatch's entry (heard they'd be playing in Verdun)...After all, the Lazers were announced & confirmed, so why shouldn't the Sasquatch?

LightningMan
05-12-2008, 11:35 AM
Friday's announcement came at 2PM so I wouldn't expect much before then, vraiment. Mais je suis d'accord que c'est la mort de l'ABA.

LightningMan
05-12-2008, 02:34 PM
Où est la notification?

MinorofaMan
05-17-2008, 08:01 PM
Je ne sais pas.

Somehow I took Honors and AP french in high school yet I can barely speak the damn language.

I would hope it come soon, I just feel that two Quebec teams is a little much, Montreal would be a good city but Toronto will ultimatly fail with the Raptors.

Chuck the Writer
05-18-2008, 11:41 AM
Je ne sais pas.

Somehow I took Honors and AP french in high school yet I can barely speak the damn language.

I would hope it come soon, I just feel that two Quebec teams is a little much, Montreal would be a good city but Toronto will ultimatly fail with the Raptors.

I think the Lazers would have a better shot if they played in a Toronto suburb like Mississauga, Scarborough, Etobicoke or Don Mills. And if they become successful, what's to stop the PBL from putting travel partners in cities like Hamilton, London and Windsor?

tbayz1
05-18-2008, 11:49 AM
According to "TORONTOLAZERS" who came on OSC a few weeks ago, they are playing in Mississauga at the Hershey Center/Arena

panchess
05-19-2008, 11:10 AM
..Etobicoke, Scarborough and Don Mills are now part of Toronto proper, after the 1998 re-drawing of the borders of Toronto.

Mississauga remains an independent city, and I would agree the Hershey Centre is the most logical place for a PBL team. The rough experience of the Toronto Marlies of the AHL at the Ricoh Coliseum in the North York section of Toronto is another datapoint on the theory that indoor minor league teams don't function well in "major league" cities.

Shootmaster_44
05-19-2008, 09:35 PM
..Etobicoke, Scarborough and Don Mills are now part of Toronto proper, after the 1998 re-drawing of the borders of Toronto.

Mississauga remains an independent city, and I would agree the Hershey Centre is the most logical place for a PBL team. The rough experience of the Toronto Marlies of the AHL at the Ricoh Coliseum in the North York section of Toronto is another datapoint on the theory that indoor minor league teams don't function well in "major league" cities.

Not that I want to get into a geography argument, but Ricoh is not in North York. Its on the CNE grounds in downtown Toronto, I believe it is simply know as York.

But yes Mississauga is the most logical choice for the Lazers. I just hope that the Hershey Centre is packed with fans each night.