PDA

View Full Version : PBL Website???

tops804
04-26-2008, 08:20 PM
Anyone else been trying? I've gotten "Site not available" for the past two days.

Could this be the start of the famous PBL/CBA merger? I can't believe that
the league would be doing maintenance on it for this long...

tbayz1
04-26-2008, 08:36 PM
I noticed that earlier today that it was down, but Im almost positive that it was up yesterday when I visited it.

Technical difficulties is my presumption.

DazedAndAmused
04-26-2008, 09:59 PM
my guess is that there is a simple technical problem not yet realized by the league or the site host service. we'll see how often they monitor this board.

tbayz1
04-27-2008, 08:14 PM
The site is under construction but gives us an insight for what to look out for soon when they launch the new website, with a new look and news.

If you visit it now, you can read about what you can expect:

www.pblproball.com

LightningMan
04-28-2008, 09:21 AM
It looks to me that the site is down because of teams reorganizing. Only six of the ten are listed in the "go see them" part. Dallas and Jacksonville not being there is no surprise, but why not Quad cities and Rockford?

DazedAndAmused
04-28-2008, 09:33 AM
Don't know if too much can be read into it, but both the qc and rockford sites (at least the web addresses i had) go nowhere. Buffalo and Toronto we know are in for this year as well. Rumor is perhaps 4 additional, mostly East Coast.

LightningMan
04-28-2008, 09:41 AM
Don't know if too much can be read into it, but both the qc and rockford sites (at least the web addresses i had) go nowhere. Buffalo and Toronto we know are in for this year as well. Rumor is perhaps 4 additional, mostly East Coast.
This Quad Cities site still works:

http://www.quadcityriverhawks.com/

But I can't find a working Rockford site.

DazedAndAmused
04-28-2008, 09:55 AM
ya, thx for posting. the site has been updated with some april news and the pbl logo still exists so perhaps all is well.

tbayz1
04-28-2008, 02:30 PM
www.furyproball.com

Under Construction

not so fast
04-28-2008, 06:26 PM
The websites are being updated or formatted to all be the same type. The design will all be the same for all the teams in the league.

Rockford and Quad Cities will be back! Dallas and Arkansas, and Chicago, not sure about them.

DazedAndAmused
04-28-2008, 08:29 PM
The websites are being updated or formatted to all be the same type. The design will all be the same for all the teams in the league.

Rockford and Quad Cities will be back! Dallas and Arkansas, and Chicago, not sure about them.

Great. This needed to be done. Good to hear about Rockford and Quad Cities. I believe Chicago and Arkansas will be back too, but I don't think Dallas will be.

tbayz1
04-28-2008, 09:05 PM
Its much easier to navigate through all the teams' sites when they are the same, hope thats what they do and soon!

misenern
04-29-2008, 06:08 PM
This is long over due, the PBL website was poorly maintained, both technically and content-wise.

The team websites were worse for the most part.

LightningMan
05-06-2008, 12:13 PM
It looks like they pay at least a little attention to here: The Riverhawks and Fury have links on the page now and the phantom teams (Dallas and Jacksonville) have icons that don't link.

tbayz1
05-15-2008, 02:53 PM
Sneak peak of whats to come soon...

www.marylandnighthawks.com

In their blog they said they would be the first with the new league wide design this week, so everyone else should follow soon.

The site looks pretty sharp!

misenern
05-15-2008, 06:51 PM
That's not bad at all. Much better than any of the previous designs. Much better than the CBA websites as well.

psbf
05-15-2008, 07:26 PM
I agree, that the site is much improved over the previous PBL sites. But much better than the CBA? I beg to differ on that. The CBA was the first(to my knowledge) to have all their teams sites designed the same, before the PBL decided to do the same. I don't know where the idea came from, but the idea is similar. Speaking for myself, I think the CBA team websites are pretty good!
I would call this site a unique design it it's own way, not so much better. But I do admit that the Md. site is very good. I'm sure others have their own opinions, though.

misenern
05-15-2008, 07:34 PM
I agree, that the site is much improved over the previous PBL sites. But much better than the CBA? I beg to differ on that. The CBA was the first(to my knowledge) to have all their teams sites designed the same, before the PBL decided to do the same. I don't know where the idea came from, but the idea is similar. Speaking for myself, I think the CBA team websites are pretty good!
I would call this site a unique design it it's own way, not so much better. But I do admit that the Md. site is very good. I'm sure others have their own opinions, though.

I wasn't claiming that the PBL was the first league to have uniform websites. The CBA had them before and I am sure other leagues have done the same as well. To clarify, I was referring to the aesthetics and layout of the Night Hawks' site compared to the CBA's. Maryland has a nicer design.

LightningMan
05-15-2008, 08:30 PM
MLB and the NBA do it as well.

Pounder
05-16-2008, 11:03 AM
If you see MANY general trends in this country about local v standardization...

...I stand against the generic website. Local flavor demands localized websites. My target market for the erstwhile Sandusky Sanders is not Waco.

It's an argument I'll probably lose... but it's worth arguing.

SignGuyDino
05-16-2008, 11:09 AM
It's the NY Rangers argument. Yeah, they can be trusted with running their own website.

But most of these franchises can't. They're better off having one person run all the websites and making sure the right info is put in to keep them updated.

The WBA is one of the better examples as to why some of these smaller leagues cannot be trusted with having each team run their own website.

Although I will concede minor league hockey does a much better job.

psbf
05-16-2008, 12:19 PM
That's cool, Misenern.
And ty, LM. I was not aware, since I don't follow the big leagues.

not so fast
05-16-2008, 03:38 PM
psbf quit being so sensitive, the CBA has good things but other leagues might have other good qualities as well. You know you whine to much.

I'm a cba fan from way back so I understand your love for the league, but give it a break, it still could use some improvements.

psbf
05-16-2008, 03:45 PM
On the topic of being sensitive, everyone's entitled to their opinion, nsf.
As far as the CBA, I'm a fan of whatever league the Xplosion play in. Not so much as the league itself.

LightningMan
05-28-2008, 01:03 PM
All announced teams except South East Asia are now represented graphically on the PBL site. Buffalo, Detroit, and Quebec (whom all have sites) don't link, as don't the expected Dallas, Jacksonville, and Toronto icons.

Frank Mart
05-28-2008, 01:21 PM
All announced teams except South East Asia are now represented graphically on the PBL site. Buffalo, Detroit, and Quebec (whom all have sites) don't link, as don't the expected Dallas, Jacksonville, and Toronto icons.

Exact, it's necessary to confirm:

- All Stars S.E. Asia
- Dallas/Jackssonville folded
- 8 current teams + 8 expansion teams?
- Halifax 9 expansion team?

thanks

LightningMan
05-28-2008, 02:10 PM
I expect, Mart, that the Texas Tycoons will end up joining the league in place of "Dallas" and am hoping that Halifax will join.

tbayz1
07-12-2008, 04:43 PM
I know all of the teams and league are getting the same site from InfinityProSports.com, but what the heck is taking so long? Its been quite some time now...

Its hard to get news from the PBL and its teams with the websites all over the place. But hey, thats why we have OSC ;)

Get those websites up asap!

SignGuyDino
07-12-2008, 05:24 PM
Maybe they're looking to finalize acquiring teams first. I dunno.

Minor League Man
07-12-2008, 05:25 PM
Also, the PBL site doesn't acknowledge Halifax as a league member. Wonder what's going on there...

Alumni96
07-12-2008, 09:07 PM
Maybe they're looking to finalize acquiring teams first. I dunno.

With the CBA teams being held for ransom, you would think that the teams might be set for the 2009 season. Get the sight up or get a timeline out. How does this league expect to drum up fan interest if it never puts out information?

TheStandard
07-12-2008, 09:46 PM
The PBL is very ABAish or ABAistic in the fact of adding real basketball related news so far. They never talked about their FIBA Americas League team. They have not updated their page in god knows how long. New websites are not up. Whats going on? ABA minds that's whats going on.

Minor league baseball teams have their sites up on the day before their damn announcement of arriving to a league.

Minor league basketball teams all have the Newmanitis its called money now, everything else, later if there is a later.

Alumni96
07-12-2008, 10:35 PM
The PBL is very ABAish or ABAistic in the fact of adding real basketball related news so far.

Agreed. I was thinking about the PBL's virtual billboard err website. The only info on it is about TV deals, player try outs, and new teams. Sounds familiar doesn't it. Another similarity between the PBL website and the ABA website is the fact that the teams listed aren't accurate.

Temporary to me means a week or two not a month or 5.

SignGuyDino
07-13-2008, 10:44 AM
Hell, the WBA website isn't updated at all. The IBL just updated it a little but not much. The CBA website hasn't been updated since mid-May. The only website I see regularly updated is the D-League website.

Alumni96
07-13-2008, 04:50 PM
Hell, the WBA website isn't updated at all. The IBL just updated it a little but not much. The CBA website hasn't been updated since mid-May. The only website I see regularly updated is the D-League website.

Actually the CBA website WAS updated. The Krunk were removed from the teams at the top and from last years standings (which I find funny).

The point is to be better than the competition, not the same. Right now that billboard is a ridiculous excuse for a website. They would have been better off leaving the old one up.

tbayz1
07-23-2008, 04:30 PM
The Rochester Razorsharks have launched their updated website with the new layout.

www.razorsharks.com

misenern
07-23-2008, 04:45 PM
The Rochester Razorsharks have launched their updated website with the new layout.

www.razorsharks.com

At this rate they might get all the teams done by this time next year. I am with Alumni, the "billboard" is a bad excuse for a website. Hard to take this as a professional league when they are using that. Why didn't they just leave the old one up? They still have it hosted at pblproball.net.

formerlyknownasfells
07-23-2008, 04:51 PM

www.razorsharks.com

It looks good. Theirs is the same layout as the Nighthawks site, so I think they will all be uniform.

DazedAndAmused
07-23-2008, 10:10 PM
At this rate they might get all the teams done by this time next year. I am with Alumni, the "billboard" is a bad excuse for a website. Hard to take this as a professional league when they are using that. Why didn't they just leave the old one up? They still have it hosted at pblproball.net.

Good news is the new web templates look great, major-league like.

Bad news is it's taking freakin forever get the team and apparently corresponding league site done. I agree that the billboard looks bad. Leaving the old one would have seemed best.

My contact told me that most or all of the team sites (for teams that are playing next year...no, I didn't ask which) are done now and being reviewed by the teams and/or league. This source says some delays he believes are due to waiting for final decisions from a couple of CBA teams. (Personally, I don't think any others coming and the ones that might have are in financial trouble.)

I'm not confident he really knew who was in or out, but the "number" next year seems to be 14.

tbayz1
08-07-2008, 04:03 PM
www.augustagroovebasketball.com The Groove's website has been launched, but they have not put in their information yet.

Adam Dantus of the Maryland Nighthawks recently posted a blog about the websites, www.marylandnighthawksblog.com

So by the end of the week the PBL site should be up and Manchester and Vermont could possibly launched as well.

I have heard though that most of the sites are awaiting approval from teams and that some teams are just making some minor adjustments to their sites, adding information etc... I think they'll all be done pretty soon!

tbayz1
08-07-2008, 05:37 PM
The Groove's website is now back under construction

tbayz1
08-28-2008, 09:17 PM
Augusta's website is back up and now Wilmington has launched their new website as well!

Both teams still need to finish inputting all of their information, but the sites look good and are coming along.

www.augustagroovebasketball.com

www.goseadawgs.com

misenern
08-28-2008, 09:50 PM
Augusta's website is back up and now Wilmington has launched their new website as well!

Both teams still need to finish inputting all of their information, but the sites look good and are coming along.

www.augustagroovebasketball.com

www.goseadawgs.com

That Augusta site is embarassingly raw. They should take that down untill they fix all the errors and put some content in there.

Even main header isn't right.

Willmington's is fairly nice though. Just needs some more content added.

Edit: Montreal now have a temporary site up at www.montrealsasquatch.com