PDA

View Full Version : Jacksonville Slam

The Magician
04-20-2008, 07:07 PM
Anybody have any inclination as to the status of a Jacksonville team taking the court next season in the PBL?

DazedAndAmused
04-20-2008, 07:38 PM
Word on the street is there will be no PBL team in Jax next year.

Minor league ball (and its string of illustrious owners) haven't been kind to Jacksonville. Don't expect any local support there for quite some time, if ever.

The Magician
04-21-2008, 05:49 PM
Word on the street is there will be no PBL team in Jax next year.

No ownership group representing Jax has come forward with an interest to participate in a 2008-2009 PBL campaign?

Minor league ball (and its string of illustrious owners) haven't been kind to Jacksonville.

That's a legit statement, for sure.

Don't expect any local support there for quite some time, if ever.

I believe a minor league basketball enterprise could do very well in Jax; on a smaller scale; leaning toward more of a developmental type of platform.

formerlyknownasfells
04-21-2008, 06:33 PM
My wife and I might be moving down there. If they need someone to run the team...........

DazedAndAmused
04-21-2008, 06:58 PM
No ownership group representing Jax has come forward with an interest to participate in a 2008-2009 PBL campaign?

I doubt the league is soliciting anyone. It's too far off the beaten path for the pbl that is looking increasing like a NE/midatlantic/metro chicago league, with Arkansas and Wilmington as the two "outlyers". Frankly, the Jam have soured the market for a couple of years. The fans there have two to blame.