PDA

View Full Version : D-League Awards

DakotaWiz
04-12-2008, 05:50 PM
http://www.nba.com/dleague/news/awards_08.html

I will agree with most of the awards, but seeing Mo Almond get "Impact Player of the Year" isn't right. I know I'm probably missing someone else, but Kasib Powell was definitely more deserving of this award. Sioux Falls was 1-4 without him and destined to be a bottom feeder before he was picked up.

Without Mo Almond, Utah was 10-6.. With him, they are 13-20.. What an impact? Without Kasib, Sioux Falls was 5-5, with 4 of those losses coming before he brought a spark to the team...

Also, I don't really agree with the All D-League Team selections..
I'd argue that Carlos Powell is better than Sean Banks and probably Kaniel Dickens. Powell averaged 22, 7 boards, and 5 assists. That's impressive in any league. I know I sound like a homer writing this, but if you look at those numbers....

In my defense, I'm not 100% sure that Blake Ahearn is better than both Morris Almond and Billy Thomas, the two he beat to make 2nd team all D-League..

DakotaWizardsFan
04-12-2008, 09:12 PM
I don't understand how Carlos Powell was Third Team All D-League when the league website listed him as one of the MVP candidates. I thought he'd be close to winning MVP, but come up just short. But here he gets on the Third Team.. that's crazy in my opinion.