PDA

View Full Version : So, on balance....

Sam Hill
03-19-2008, 10:33 AM
...a few hiccups, to be sure, in the PBL's first season, but:

1 - All 10 teams played 20 games.
2 - The 10 teams that started the season finished the season.
3 - Nobody pulled out of the playoffs.
4 - The CEO didn't make a total ass out of himself.
5 - They kept stats.
6 - They announced a playoff format and actually followed through with it.

See that? It can be done. It's not perfect, but it can be done.

SignGuyDino
03-19-2008, 10:35 AM
So??? Where are their sale seminars and designer fragrances??

DazedAndAmused
03-19-2008, 03:55 PM
...a few hiccups, to be sure, in the PBL's first season, but:

1 - All 10 teams played 20 games. There may have been one or two "missing" in the end that didn't seem to get played after other postponements...but they were in the high 90s percentage-wise.
2 - The 10 teams that started the season finished the season. well, sort of....jax/dallas issues aside...still, a very nice league response to nasty situations.
3 - Nobody pulled out of the playoffs. They're not over yet! But, I do think it's a pretty safe bet.
4 - The CEO didn't make a total ass out of himself. true
5 - They kept stats. (yep, but they need to be a little more diligent about uploading them next year...there are still holes on line.)
6 - They announced a playoff format and actually followed through with it. Again, it's not over yet, but they do appear to follow through. I'd like to see the playoffs on line and maybe give at least 2 more teams chances for home playoff games.

See that? It can be done. It's not perfect, but it can be done.

Overall grade I would give is a "B-," which is actually pretty remarkable given it is a first year league. I would give the equivalent grade to the CBA this year and would declare a "tie" between the two. If no issues in Atlanta and Butte, I would have said B+.

DazedAndAmused
03-19-2008, 03:57 PM
..and to SGD's point, if I could have bought some sweet smelling cologne branded with "PBL" or "CBA", they both would have gotten A's regardless of their other performance.

ladijay713
03-19-2008, 05:07 PM
THEY SH0ULD'VE SH0WN THE PLAY0FFS 0N-LiNE iNSTEAD 0F THE SH0WCASE GAME...0R PERHAPS B0TH.

THERE WERE AND STiLL ARE AL0T 0F FiNANCiAL PR0BLEMS WiTH S0ME 0F THE TEAMS BUT H0PEFULLY THEY'LL GET TAKEN CARE 0F.

F0R THE M0ST PART iM WAS PLEASED WiTH THE PBL'S FiRST YEAR AND i H0PE THAT THE PLAYERS iVE HAD THE CHANCE T0 MEET GAiN EXP0SURE FR0M THE SC0UTS AT THE SH0WCASE GAME. THEY HAVE AL0T 0F P0TENTiAL!!!!

C0NGRATS T0 THE TEAM iVE BEEN R00TiNG F0R SiNCE THE BEGiNNiNG....ARKANSAS iMPACT!!! D0NT SLEEP 0N THESE GUYS....THEY HAVE TALENT!!!!!!!!!

ARKANSAS AND QUAD CiTiES PLAY 2M0R0 NiGHT AND THiS iS A GAME i REALLY WiSH i C0ULD SEE! ARKANSAS HAS 0NLY BEAT QC 0NE TiME THiS SEAS0N, H0WEVER THE GAMES HAVE BEEN VERY CL0SE. THiS SH0ULD BE iNTERESTiNG!!!! =)

Sam Hill
03-19-2008, 05:56 PM
Did you text that from a cell phone, or what?