PDA

View Full Version : Anything new up in Dallas?

DazedAndAmused
03-10-2008, 05:11 PM
Defenders logo gone from the pbl site.....

misenern
03-10-2008, 05:25 PM
From a purely speculative viewpoint it looks very similar to the Jam's situation.

As a side note, the PBL website is terribly maintained, both technically and content wise. I know some consider this nitpicking, but it reflects really poorly on the league.

That new Dallas logo is even more brutal than the Defendersí logo.

tbayz1
03-10-2008, 05:28 PM
Maybe ownership changed? Maybe a situation similar to Jacksonville?

Who knows, but the PBL needs to get re-organized!

-Now we have something up in Dallas, again

-There hasn't been a weekly report since 2/25 and a radio show since 2/27

-Dallas is 5-11 but on the PBL's schedule they only have them for 1 more scheduled game so that needs to be addressed, because thats not 20 games for Dallas

-Also I think Rochester and Wilmington also have to make up a game that was postponed due to weather, so that needs to be addressed

-And teams need to update their websites!!!!!!!!!!

Seems like since the showcase, things got a bit unorganized, but Im sure the PBL will address everything, and get everything situated very soon, because they are a REAL league

DazedAndAmused
03-11-2008, 03:33 PM
This looks to be much to do about nothing I think. The defenders logo is back (maybe gone due to an IT blunder?) and the weekly report is out again today.

tops804
03-12-2008, 05:46 PM
The logo may be back, but it doesn't link to the Defenders website. No team name
or logo on the "teams" page either. They did the same thing with the Jam
when they were replaced.

Could the ABA Tycoons owner be setting up a permanent move to the PBL?

tbayz1
03-13-2008, 06:33 PM
And the mysterious Dallas logo is back again, with the Defenders gone

The Tycoons head coach, JP Afif, posted a bulletin via Myspace on Wednesday, promoting a Texas Tycoon game, but it was against the Arkansas Impact, and that game was considered to be between the Defenders and the Impact

Since a1 is now saying Texas is gone from the ABA after the Great 8, could the Tycoons just join up with Erin Patton and the Defenders for next year in the PBL and become one team...?

LightningMan
03-13-2008, 11:07 PM
The Tycoons seem to be a solid organization. They'd probably make a nice replacement for the Defenders if one is needed.

preeths
03-14-2008, 11:08 AM
If anything is afoot, I'm not sure that Patton will be a part of the PBL team next season.

runninref
03-17-2008, 11:10 AM
The Dallas Tycoons will be your new PBL/CBA joined league affiliation after the ABA great 8 (without Patton). The Question is what does this mean concerning the WBA? Is there even a WBA this summer? Yes, I can read the website, however, like the ABA that doesn't tell all of the story. :D