PDA

View Full Version : Jacksonville at Wilmington On Line Tonight

DazedAndAmused
02-23-2008, 08:37 PM
Close game so far between the depleted Sea Dawgs and the re-born Slam. Good crowd. No comparison between their last Wed night home game and this game.

The Magician
02-23-2008, 09:40 PM
OSC indicated a PPD game last night in Jacksonville between The Slam and the Sea Dawgs.

Any info?

tbayz1
02-23-2008, 10:19 PM
Last Nights game on the PBL's site said that the game was re-scheduled for their Triple S Showcase

Final tonight:
Jax 106
Wil 103

Reading also beat Rochester 114-99 this afternoon in Reading

LightningMan
02-23-2008, 10:43 PM
A game such as this one can be said to be lost on any number of plays, but the fact that no three point shot was taken on Wilmington's last possession down three with less than 24 seconds to go was bad coaching (or, if he called it and they didn't do it, bad playing.)

This team still doesn't know how to play without McGinnis, but they do seem to have realized that you have to hustle to play Jacksonville. It's a shame that the SLAM né JAM has become a road only team. They're quite good and should have someone rooting for them. Charles Ward of Wilmington is playing out of his mind but he can't do it by himself and so far no one else is stepping up, although the other starting forward (whose name escapes me) and Bruce Brown seem to be trying.

If Wilmington doesn't sort itself out soon, there is no hope of a post season; you can't play the Travelers for the rest of the year after all.

tbayz1
02-23-2008, 11:46 PM
The Wilmington box score for tonight has most of the Slam roster incorrect, this is the Slam team that played tonight:

3-Anthony Lumpkin
5-Anthony Hatcher
1-Golden Ingle
23-Gary Anderson
32-Javon Coillier
2-Berry Jordan
20-Eric Williams
12-Xavier Morton

The annoucer on the broadcast said Antonio Lawrence and Chad Johnson could not be with the team, and I dont think the head coach Scott Cooper was the announced head coach tonight either

The last time Jacksonville played before tonight was Feb.16 and on that night Antonio Lawrence, Alex Hill, and Devanche Battle were in the statbook so they could also still be apart of the Slam, USBasket seems to have the closest thing to an official roster that is almost up to date

Even with a few guys missing who couldnt make it to Wilmington tonight as it appears, the 8 guys that played tonight were all pretty good, they still have a decent team down in Jacksonville even though most of the JAM players left, and the JAM had quite a few really good players, the JAM had an impressive roster and was a pretty darn good team, its unfortunate that they are all scattered around now.

**PBL- update the Slam's website with up to date info!(the Slam's colors arent even yellow/red/blue like the logo, they are green/white)

tbayz1
02-23-2008, 11:59 PM
Rockford 151
Dallas 131

QC 113
Chicago 96

The Magician
02-24-2008, 08:23 PM
Last Nights game on the PBL's site said that the game was re-scheduled for their Triple S Showcase

Thanks tbayz ... I was curious to whether or not the Slam had found a venue in Jax.

The Magician
02-24-2008, 08:45 PM
A game such as this one can be said to be lost on any number of plays, but the fact that no three point shot was taken on Wilmington's last possession down three with less than 24 seconds to go was bad coaching (or, if he called it and they didn't do it, bad playing.)

Initially, I also thought they would move the ball around for a 3-pt shot to tie the game ...

But then as the play developed, maybe they really wanted C. Ward to go for 2 and get fouled on the play to get 2 free throws and win the game by 1.

If Wilmington doesn't sort itself out soon, there is no hope of a post season; you can't play the Travelers for the rest of the year after all.

From the couple of games that I have seen ... It appears that PBL teams can shoot the ball from the outside quite well!

The Seadawgs are going to have to be athletic, stay close, and contest more shots.

Plus, you can't let players like the Slam's, Golden Ingle, bring the ball up court though 2 or 3 of your players when you should have them trapped in their own backcourt.

If Wilmington can build a lead, they just need to maintain it, and play solid basketball the rest of the way.

The Magician
02-24-2008, 08:55 PM
... and I dont think the head coach Scott Cooper was the announced head coach tonight either.

Yeah, I'm not sure that was Scott Cooper on the bench?

PBL- update the Slam's website with up to date info!(the Slam's colors arent even yellow/red/blue like the logo, they are green/white)

True ... When I saw the uniforms, I was like :confused:

The Magician
02-24-2008, 09:01 PM
It's a shame that the SLAM né JAM has become a road only team. They're quite good and should have someone rooting for them.

I totally agree ...