PDA

View Full Version : Wyoming to join the PBL!!!!

Evad
02-11-2008, 11:24 PM
Just Kidding :p !!!!!!

Has ther ever been a minor league team in Wyoming?
will there ever be one?
I know indor football exist, but what about basketball?

Could Cheyenne support a team and would the PBL go there?

Your comments please...:eek:

bomp
02-12-2008, 03:59 AM
Just Kidding :p !!!!!!

Has ther ever been a minor league team in Wyoming?
will there ever be one?
I know indor football exist, but what about basketball?

Could Cheyenne support a team and would the PBL go there?

Your comments please...:eek:

The CBA had a great team, the Wildcatters, in the 70s.

mammal
02-12-2008, 09:57 AM
I believe Casper or Cheyene could support a basketball team. Cody has a hockey team. Does Casper still have a hockey team?
I believe Casper was going to have a team in the AAPBL which folded just before the season was going to start. Worth Christie got a lot of people's hopes up. There was a rumor of a "Mountain Plains Basketball League" but it never happened.

Aaronhere
02-12-2008, 04:52 PM
CBA - Wyoming Wildcatters ( 1982-1988 )
One of the more successful CBA franchises, the Wildcatters debuted with a 22-22 record in 1982-1983 and lost to Montana in the first round of the playoffs. The following season, they improved to 23-21 and lost the CBA Finals to Albany. Another .500 season (24-24) in 1984-1985 was good enough to win the Western Conference, but the 'Catters lost to Wisconsin 3-2 in the semi-finals, dropping the last three games on the road. Wyoming's fortunes declined in 1985-86 when they fell to 21-27 and missed the playoffs for the first time. They duplicated their record in 1986-87 and again missed the post-season. Their final season resulted in their worst record, 23-31, but they once again reached the CBA Finals, defeating La Crosse and Rockford in the Western Conference playoffs. In the Finals, they led Albany 3-2 before dropping the final two games. The final game in franchise history was on April 30, 1988, when they lost 105-96 in Albany.
Attendance was never a real problem for the Wildcatters, as they drew several large crowds to the Casper Events Center. I am not really sure why they collapsed and disbanded.
http://www.logoserver.com/basketball/WyomingWildcatters.GIF
The All-American Professional Basketball League did place a franchise in Casper, known as the Wyoming Golden Eagles. The team played in the AAPBL Summer League (3-8 record), before the league collapsed.
MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL - Casper Ghosts (2001-Now)
The Butte Copper Kings moved to Casper in 2001, where the team was known as the Casper Rockies. The team changed its name in 2007, and became the first team to wear glow-in-the-dark caps. They have not had much success on the field, having only reached .500 once (38-38 in 2005) and making the playoffs as a wildcard their first season (37-39)
http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/images/2007/10/31/2t9OjMV6.jpg
INDOOR FOOTBALL - Casper/Wyoming Calvary (2000-2007)
They began as the Casper Calvary in the old Indoor Football League, where they went 8-6 and lost a first round playoff game to Black Hills. When the league folded, they changed their name to the Wyoming Calvary and joined the National Indoor Football League. Their best season record-wise was 2005 when they went 10-4, but lost in the first round to Tri-Cities. They did reach the championship game in 2001, where they lost to Mississippi, and again in 2007, where they lost to Fayetteville. The game was not sanctioned by the NIFL as both franchises had been kicked out of the league in the week prior to the game. In 2008, they will be a member of the American Indoor Football Association.
http://www.logoserver.com/football/CasperCavalry.GIFhttp://www.logoserver.com/football/WyomingCavalry2.GIF

Evad
02-13-2008, 12:20 AM
Has Cheyenne had any minor league teams? Do they have an arena? I might be moving to that area and just wanted to know

Any of you guys heard of Chugwater?

heavesrock
02-13-2008, 09:39 AM
I don't think Cheyenne has an arena, no. The proximity to Laramie would be a concern for any minor league bb team I would presume. I assume a team in Wyoming would be more likely to join the CBA than PBl due to geography.

mammal
02-13-2008, 07:18 PM
Chugwater is not a bad little town. Only a couple hours from Wheatand and Denver.