PDA

View Full Version : Not Another Logo Thread!

LightningMan
02-06-2008, 07:38 PM
I took a crack at the Slam, since the one up there at the moment seems a tad hasty. Comments welcome.

http://67.18.219.83/image_hosting/web_pages/lightningman/SlamCropped.png

DazedAndAmused
02-06-2008, 07:52 PM
Actually, I do think yours (LightningMan) is more creative, but I dont think it works as well as a stitched logo or a simple monogram.

(It's all in the eye of the beholder for sure, and I admittedly don't have these types of skills...it's just a gut reaction.)

Also, I think it might be too similar to the Impact.

What I do like about yours though, even as a stitched logo is the outline and font of the word "slam"...that with their existing lightning bolts (ps, maybe someone is paying you hommage) migth be the perfect combination.

The new SLAM logo does look very simple and probably hastily put together for sure.

misenern
02-06-2008, 08:19 PM
Not a big fan. I don't think the colours work very well together and the whole balance of the logo seems off. It's too simplistic, but not in a classy way.

LightningMan
02-07-2008, 05:51 AM
Not a big fan. I don't think the colours work very well together and the whole balance of the logo seems off. It's too simplistic, but not in a classy way.
So I take it you love it then? ;)

LightningMan
02-07-2008, 05:57 AM
Also, I think it might be too similar to the Impact.
Blame that on trying to impart the concept of an action (SLAM) that often results in an impact. How do you show something slamming that doesn't make you think of an impact?

Part of the problem working on this was that I had to take great pains to make it different from the JAM. I had to make it look as little like the JAM as possible.