PDA

View Full Version : Mark Lee

hughesra
11-12-2004, 11:58 PM
Does anyone know if Mark Lee(I've seen him listed as spokesman for the Dillas) is the same Mark Lee who pitched for the San Diego Padres in 1978? I'm an old friend of his from California, and any info. would be greatly appreciated.

Richard Hughes

hughesra@socal.rr.com

Liebo
11-13-2004, 04:46 PM
The good news is that yes, the Mark Lee who seved as V.P./Sales & Marketing Director for the Amarillo Dillas is the same Mark Lee who pitched several years in the big leagues for the Padres and Pirates.

Now for the bad news: The Dillas are no longer. The Amarillo Dillas have folded, likely for good, after being run into the ground of late. Their replacement in the Central League is the independent iteration of the El Paso Diablos.

Still, it appears Mark remains local to Amarillo, having worked for the American General Insurance Co. for a long time before joining the Dillas. So it should be easy enough to track him down in Amarillo.

hughesra
11-14-2004, 04:23 PM
Thank you very much Liebo! I really appreciate you taking the time to give me the info. Way cool! Do you know if the Dillas are already out of there? I was thinking of sending an email through their website, but I don't know if Mark would get it.

Richard Hughes

Liebo
11-14-2004, 11:21 PM
I don't exactly know if they've closed up shop yet, but I would say it's unlikely. The answering machine on their phone indicates the office was closed for vacation from November 1 and will reopen on November 15, although during that time the team was shut down by the league. Still, I would suspect they have some work to do and are not entirely closed. I would also say it's likely Mark is still checking his e-mail, since he's been the lone remaining spokesperson for the team. So it's worth a shot.

hughesra
11-15-2004, 12:46 AM
Thanks again!
richard