PDA

View Full Version : Montreal Sasquatch

Paul S
01-28-2008, 08:15 PM
Kind of like Sasquatch, Bigfoot and/or the Abomimable Snowman the only existence proven of the Montreal Sasquatch has been like their name sake, a couple of witness sightings, a grainy video and some photos which may (or may not) be hoaxes.

However I have it on good authority that they are going to be playing at the arena in Verdun which is a suburb of Montreal. The arena has been around for 20 odd years and seats about 5000, it is undergoing a 2-stage 20 million dollar upgrade and has a relocating QMJHL tenant for next year to go along with Sasquatch.

misenern
01-28-2008, 08:46 PM
Well, at least we can confrim the hockey team will be there.

DazedAndAmused
01-28-2008, 10:37 PM
There will be some interesting shake ups with the Candian teams/groups in 08-09 I believe. (IMO, all good.) Some rumors have been posted on OSC..other possibilities I am told are developing that may be a surprise to many. I believe we can expect league changes, and new players (not the on the court kind) involved. Most of this I don't think can be disclosed until seasons end.

MTL_PBL
01-29-2008, 11:21 PM
Yeah, you're talking about the Verdun Auditorium. It was built in 1938. Farrel Miller, from Montreal, bought the ST john's fog devils of the QMJHL and is planning to relocate them to Verdun. In the process the auditorium will undergo a much needed makeover. The arena currently seats a little over 4k but they still need to make press boxes. It was home to the Montreal Dragons of the old NBL. Anyways, I haven't heard much about the PBL in Montreal but that's all I've got. I hope it was some help.

Paul S
01-31-2008, 07:40 PM
MTL PBL. A big merci for coming on here. If you hear anything about the Sasquatch please fill us in. There seems to be a derth of information right now.