PDA

View Full Version : Reading at Maryland

formerlyknownasfells
01-27-2008, 12:01 PM
Just an FYI that today's Reading at Maryland game has been postponed and will be made up at a later date. Reading had problems with their bus after last night's game in Wilmington, NC.

The_Whale
01-27-2008, 02:36 PM
Thanks for the heads up. i was going to the game tonight for sure...

rider
01-27-2008, 06:01 PM
You have to wonder if there is more to this story? doesn't seem to make sense.

bdaly
01-27-2008, 06:34 PM
Here's the release:

http://www.readingrailers.com/n.php?n=38

It's a seven hour trip from Wilmington, so there's not tons and tons of slack there. It's unfortunate there wasn't a way to promptly get a replacement bus, though.

a1sports
01-27-2008, 07:21 PM
I did some calling and checking. The bus was one hour from wilmington sunday Morning on the way to Maryland. NO way anyone can do anything in that neck of the woods. Unfortunate. But no other underlying problem going on. Its what it is.

formerlyknownasfells
01-27-2008, 07:39 PM
I did some calling and checking. The bus was one hour from wilmington sunday Morning on the way to Maryland. NO way anyone can do anything in that neck of the woods. Unfortunate. But no other underlying problem going on. Its what it is.

You are correct, it is what it is. There are few flights from that area to Washington and the surrounding area, and a replacement bus could not be found. I am in DC and was going to broadcast that game and Tom and Mark did everything humanly possible to get them here. Unfortunatly, it just couldn't be done. The game will be rescheduled for a later date and time.

LightningMan
01-28-2008, 08:49 AM
To affirm what others have said, one hour north of Wilmington is nothing. That's real "middle of nowhere" territory.

DazedAndAmused
01-28-2008, 09:40 AM
Key point here is that this game will be rescheduled. It was not cancelled.

The_Whale
01-28-2008, 11:03 AM
I am in DC and was going to broadcast that game

Where was the game going to be broadcast?